Two days this week, I didn't get to Pinky until 5:30 or later. I don't know how others do it. I absolutely dread the days I have to work late. I cherish every last minute with Pinky. I live for the evenings and weekends with my girl! And the guilt I feel when I am not with her can take my breath away at times.
Last spring when Pinky was about 8 weeks old, her auntie Carman was holding her and asked me if I wanted her back. My response: "I always want her . . . but I am learning to share!"
This hasn't changed. I want to be with her all of the time. I want to be the one that changes her diaper, gets her dressed, reads her stories, comforts her, plays with her, laughs with her, and rocks her to bed at night! I do. I am selfish that way. I'm still learning to share I guess.
Fortunately for me, I have wonderful people to share her with. Of course I have to share her with her daddy! And her grandparents couldn't love her more. Her aunties ask for time with her. The women who care for her at daycare every day couldn't take better care of her. This is a good thing! This is such a blessing!
That doesn't mean it's easy. That doesn't make days like today go any faster. However, days like today force me to share!
| Oct. 2010 |
She is lucky to have such a great Mommy!
ReplyDelete