Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

My Pinky-Pie

We make a good team! 

Our little Pinky. 

A mother (or mum/mom) is a woman who has raised a child. 

Today I celebrate all of the mothers who helped me become the person and mother I am today:

My mom

My grandmothers

My sister

My friends

My aunts

My mother-in-law                                       

Being a mother is awesome. 

                It’s hard. 

                                It’s rewarding. 

                                                It’s challenging. 

                                                                It’s unpredictable.

                                                                                It’s a blessing.

                                                                                                It’s true love.

We had a great day at our house.  Last night we went to bed listening to Pinky serenade us from her room.  We woke up to smiles and giggles as we got ready for church.  We enjoyed a bagel lunch with friends.  I spent the afternoon in my hammock with a book while Pinky napped.  We snacked in the park and then we played and played! We enjoyed a dinner of burgers and fries with Pinky’s auntie/Godmother and her “uncle to be”.  And now, we listen to her little voice singing in the room next door.  An hour after she first lay down, I just walked in to remind her it was quiet time.  Her response:  “Mommy, I’m talking to Golliath.”  (Any guesses what story we read tonite?) 

She cracks me up.

                She makes me smile.

                                She makes me glad, every day, that I am her mom.
                                             
How can I be anything but happy this Mother's Day?

1 comment: