As you know, recently we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. The evening of our anniversary, we took Cory to the airport for a business trip to Chicago, and then Pinky and I went home and ate leftovers. I would have been pretty bummed about the day had I not gotten a beautiful bouquet of flowers and yummy candy delivered at work. Not to mention that I hosted bible study that evening, so I spent the night with some of my best girlfriends eating chocolate fondue in our sun porch. And did I mention, I also had a plane ticket to Chicago, scheduled to leave that Friday . . .
Since we have been married, Cory has flown all over the country for work related trips. Each job that he has had has involved a little travel. He’s been to Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Atlanta, Orlando, Nashville, Seattle, and Sydney Australia (to name just a few). You can imagine how excited my favorite Cubs and Bears fan was to travel to Chicago! And this trip I was actually able to join him! We met up with some friends (and fellow Bears fans) and spent 2 nights and 2 days exploring Chicago, sampling the cuisine, enjoying the local brews (well, one of us did that), and of course, cheering on the Bears as they defeated the Rams.
The first night there, we enjoyed a fabulous fish/seafood meal at Catch 35. We ate burgers at the Billy Goat Tavern or something like that. (Double is best!) Had a drink on the 96th floor of the Hancock Building. (The view from the ladies room was amazing!) We had a slice of pizza (a must on Cory’s to-do list for the trip) before going out for steak dinner at Harry Caray’s. (Yes, I had to look up how to spell that and No, I didn't know who he was.) The night cap on Saturday was a trip to Howl at the Moon, a popular piano bar.
We also did lots of walking to see some of Chicago’s touristy spots. We stopped at “the bean”. Walked down by the water. And of course, Soldier Field. It’s pretty amazing. On game day, we got up early to tailgate for a bit, and then went inside to find our seats. We allowed for plenty of time to make a loop inside, get some free Bears paraphernalia, and grab a nice hot cup of hot chocolate and some pizza! There’s just something about sitting at an outdoor football game in the fall!!!
Here’s a look at some of the weekend highlights.
No comments:
Post a Comment