After a fun, busy, and relaxing week of celebrating Christmas with our families, we are back at work and struggling to get back into a routine. This morning was rough for all of us . . . Our 2 year old in particular could be heard "barking" out the words "I'm still tired" this morning, long after she should have been out of bed. Of course that couldn't be due to the fact that she was still up talking in her bed at 10:00 last night . . . Tis the season to get back into a routine!
At Christmas, we are reminded even more how blessed we are! This is clear by our overflowing dressers, closets and store room, that were full before the Christmas gifts came home. It's amazing to me that we can have so much when there are so many that have so little . . . Tis the season to share our blessings!
Our tree is still up and we have several gifts still needing a home. Miss Pinky has 9 new stuffed furry friends, several which have new dress-up clothes, as does their owner! I think we need to get her a closet organizer for her birthday. Think she'd like that? New shoes, new clothes, and new items for the garage . . . Tis the season to get organized!
Our treadmill has been collecting dust in the basement for much too long. We're feeling motivated by friends how have hit 1000 miles running in the last year. I'm trying to convince my better half that he can hit 1000 miles, especially if he trains for the half marathon this spring. I am thinking 500 miles will be more realistic since I will be wearing my walking shoes through most of June (and hoping to waddle the 5K in May) . . . Tis the season to get moving!
I read a joke the other day about new year's resolutions . . . Someone was explaining what they meant to another who didn't know. His description: a "to-do" list for the first week of January! Tis the season to be realistic about what we can accomplish while committing to making some positive and healthy changes!!!
Happy New Year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment