Monday, March 4, 2013

"Stay"-Cation

I had February 25-March 1 off from work . . . an entire week.  Many of the families I work with (both students and teachers) had wonderful, warm, sunny vacations planned with their families.  I can't blame them.  Winter in ND . . . We all deserve a little time to "defrost" and catch some Vitamin D!

Our family, on the other hand, had no plans to travel.  In the last couple of months, we have spent a week visiting grandparents over the holidays.  We've spent 4 days in Colorado.  And we've spent 5 days in Florida.  What a blessing to have those times with family and to get the opportunity to travel.  But I am not going to lie:  A week at home sounded wonderful.  A little "stay"-cation. 

We scheduled a couple of play-dates and had a short, but manageable, "to-do" list.  But most of all, I was looking forward to spending a little 1:1 time with my Pinky-Pie . . . knowing the time I have to spend with just her is dwindling.  As much as I am looking forward to welcoming another little girl into the family, I will miss having days for just Pinky.

I didn't plan any wild adventures for the 2 of us.  We watched Mickey Mouse.  Read lots of books.  Painted fingernails, toenails, and a few pictures.  Made some yummy treats.  And worked on our "moves"!  Pinky also learned how to play Candyland, a game I think we will be playing a lot in the upcoming months! 

This morning when the alarm went off, I was not exactly ready to bounce out of bed and speed off to work.  But I have to say that for the most part, I felt rested, like I had crossed a few things off my to-do list, and most of all had made some fun memories with Pinky.  Can't think of a better way to spend a "stay"-cation!

Playing in the snow

1 of many games of Candyland

A little lesson in counting.  (She made it to 15!!!)

Mom's little helper!
Maybe just 1 more M&M before they go in the oven . . .

Playing in the snow with Daddy!


Did I mention we helped Auntie Carman pick out her wedding dress?
No pictures of the dress 'til August . . . but we got to ring the bell when she found "the one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment