Today is my birthday. Birthdays are always fun and special no matter how they are celebrated. No 2 are the same, each as unique as the year that has ended and the year that is to come.
Today, I am completely overwhelmed by the impact of the last 365 days. I can't wrap my mind around the highs and lows of the year. So, just for fun, I wanted to see if I could list some of the most memorable moments.
May 29th, 2:00 pm - My leave of absence for the upcoming school year was approved. Little did I know that it was also my last day of school for the school year that was just coming to a close. And little did I know how important it would be for all of us that I would be home during the months ahead.
May 29th, 10:30 pm - My sweet little Rosie came into the world - although little, she has continued to shoe that she has a HUGE personality! Nothing slows her down.
Summer 2013:
Cory settling into his new job
3 trips to the farm
Carman and Brad's wedding
Bachelorette party and wedding shower
Sam and Nate's wedding reception
Play dates, lake dates, zoo dates, softball games, and picnics
Sleepless nights with a newborn
And the beginning of the "year of firsts" for Rosie
Fall 2013:
Pinky's first day of preschool
Pinky's first day of Sunday School
Our first day of BSF (Bible Study Fellowship)
Rosie's Baptism
Melanoma . . . Followed by the best words you can hear your doctor say "No further treatment needed"
Bison Football
Another trip to the farm
Halloween - We had a monkey and a cupcake at our house
Losing Kaili
Winter 2013-2014:
Trips to see Santa
Rosie's first Christmas
Another trip west to spend the holidays with our families
Sledding
Snowmen
Ethiopia
Pinky's 4th birthday
Frozen - the movie came out during one of the longest and coldest winters ever - very fitting
And a trip to the farm in February - celebrating birthdays and visiting friends
Swimming lessons
Spring 2014:
Spring Break at the farm
Trip to see Great Grandma
Trip to the farm . . . in MN
Rosie's first Easter
Listing our house/Selling our house
Looking for houses/Buying a house
Fargo Marathon
Turning in the keys to Kai's house
More play dates
Warmer weather
Our last day of BSF
Pinky's last day of Sunday School
Pinky's last day of Preschool
Swimming lessons
I'm not sure my heart will ever fully recover from the year. I have been blessed beyond words. And I have been broken in ways I never could have imagined. And here I sit, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon: Sun is shining; girls are resting; husband is grocery shopping; drinks are chilling.
Life is good.
God is good.
36 years old?
Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment