Monday, January 2, 2012

Home for the Holidays

We're nearing the tail end of our Christmas break.  We look forward to this week all year, and once it is here, it goes much too quickly.  Although times have certainly changed . . . as we've all spent plenty of time "plugged in" with iPads, iPhones, Windows Phones, and laptops . . . Not to mention watching movies (I'm watching Elf as I type) . . . The times "unplugged" are those we remember and look forward to!


Here are some of the things we look forward to and enjoy at Christmas:
  • Candle light service on Christmas Eve - Pinky could sing some of the songs this year!  Her favorites were "Away in the Manger" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain".

Home from church.



  • Birthday Cake for Jesus
  •  Playing games (Favorites this year:  Sushi Roll, 5 Second Rule, and Say Anything)
  • Playing outside, even though we were lacking a little white this Christmas, we still had fun!
    Riding with Grandpa in the tractor.
Just enuf snow for a snowman!

Outdoor fun!
  • Giving presents - whether it's off their list or a special surprise, it's so much fun to give gifts to those we love!
Signed by his favorite Cubs player . . . some Dawson guy?

Tea for Two!

Auntie C was Skyping as we opened presents
Christmas Day.  Gma liked her new picture!


  • Enjoying endless pots (acutally CUPS this year as Keurigs were the holiday hit) of coffee and hot chocolate and tea.
  • Fudge, cookies, snack mix, lefse, etc.  YUMMY!
I just want Goldfish.

  • Spending entire days in our pjs!

  • Staying up late and sleeping in.
  • NAPS!
  • Spending time with family and friends.
4 generations
Christmas Day Snuggles.


Here are some of our favorite Pinky quotes from the week:
  • Wanna play Angy Birds on my phone.
  • Sing more Jingle Bells.
  • Look at me!
  • Where Santa go?  Santa at work?
  • We to go grandma's house?  Yes-whoooooo!
  • No, mommy, I just want cookies.
  • All done crying.
  • I want some of those. (Referring to Grandpa's whiskers.)
  • I want a ring on my finger.
  • Go tell it on the mountain, Jesus Christ is born.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment